We’re so excited to be launching a blog and a news & events section soon. Before we do, we’re putting out a call for guest authors!
Both of our sections are managed by volunteer editors from our website circle. If you’re a writer/
We welcome anyone interested in writing to send us a message, regardless of your experience or confidence. Our editors are more than happy to work with less confident or newer writers who want to share their stories, whether you’re just looking for an edit of your draft or for help with outlining or planning.
For the Blog
Our blog typically publishes editorial content relating to peer respites, Soteria houses, and other crisis alternatives. Our blog welcomes opinions, essays, personal histories or experiences, poems and other art, videos, and more.
Some example topics for the blog include:
- Personal experiences of Soteria houses, peer respites, and hospital alternatives
- Personal experiences of traditional/
medical experiences of crisis or institutionalization/ incarceration and their impact (and how a Soteria/respite/alternative may have been different)
- Experiences, advice, or difficulties related to founding/
running/ working Soteria houses and peer respites
- Evidence of the efficacy of Soteria houses, peer respites, and hospital alternatives or other advocacy
- Comparisons of outcomes/cost that include peer respite or Soteria
For News & Events
This part of our website is focused on sharing news items (including articles, studies, significant happenings, new alternatives) and upcoming events (like workshops, protests, advocacy events, fundraisers). Most posts in this section are written by our editors with topics or content recommended to us by community members and visitors.
Topics and content that we like to include in our news & event section include:
- Notable, interesting, relevant news articles in major and/or local publications
- New studies or research into peer respites, Soteria houses, and other crisis alternatives
- Upcoming fundraisers, workshops/
webinars, advocacy, and other events related to peer respites, Soteria houses, and other crisis alternatives
- New peer respites, Soteria houses, or other crisis alternatives opening or being organized
Please fill out the form below with some information on the post you’re looking to submit or write/